Every life situation is unique, but we can admit it- the rite of passage of transitioning from the hallowed halls of academia to the weird world of work- that can be tough. We’re here to demystify the job-search process (and help course-correct if you feel like you’ve landed the wrong job, or spent years studying the wrong thing). You’re not alone.
What to Expect
- Personalized coaching sessions (usually an hour in length every other week or so, from the comfort of wherever you can get a wifi connection or speak on a phone, so yes, you can be at Starbucks or in your pajamas).
- A concentrated, in-depth Discovery process (figure out what you want in your work, life, bank account, etc.- and why it all matters)
- Assessments (what are your strengths? Interests? Personality type? Aptitudes? Saboteurs? Working styles?)
- Identifying + researching (discover companies and industries that are compatible to the person you’ve learned you are through your Discovery and assessments)
- Strategizing (create a plan to search for the right role and company culture in a way that’s right for your industry and your own personal style)
- Customized independent experiences and networking (yes, that’s a way better way of calling it homework. Your coach has hundreds of tools, experiences and exercises to draw from and assign to you at the just-right moment. Like the rest of your life, expect to get out of these experiences and assignments what you put into them. Trust us that the work you’ll do in-between your 1:1 sessions with your coach will be helpful and enriching and fun [even networking can be fun, or at least not a hideous undertaking]).
- Feedback on execution (review of successes, opportunities, progress)
- Role-playing important discussions (interviews, compensation negotiations, parental low-downs, etc.)
- Assistance with a resume that reflects your own education, experience, story and personal brand (we have additional resume services for those who need help from soup to nuts in this area)
- Option to pre-schedule a follow-up meeting with your coach to do intensive interview prep when the time comes
- A Happy Spectacular Work + Life Plan that’s customized for your current and future goals and needs
- Access to invitation-only Happy Hours in select cities (like Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Duluth, etc.)
Want to know what this could look like for you? Check out our case studies.